SWAT and bomb squad vehicles were seen departing from the Pima County Sheriff’s Department headquarters this week, according to footage reported by Fox News, as the investigation into the disappearance of 84-year-old Nancy Guthrie continues. The video showed armored vehicles and other specialized units leaving the department’s parking lot. While authorities have not publicly confirmed the purpose of the deployment, the activity occurred amid ongoing investigative developments in the case.
The reported movement followed the FBI’s release of surveillance images showing a masked individual approaching Guthrie’s Tucson-area home. Investigators said the images were recovered from residual data after a doorbell camera had been removed. The individual depicted appears to be wearing a ski mask, jacket and backpack. Officials have not identified the person publicly or confirmed whether the individual has been located.
Law enforcement personnel were also observed canvassing neighborhoods near the home of one of Guthrie’s relatives, speaking with residents and examining nearby areas, including brush and outlying property. Authorities have continued to collect physical and digital evidence as part of the multi-agency investigation. Nancy Guthrie was last seen on January 31 after returning home from dinner, and she was reported missing the following day. Officials have previously stated that evidence of forced entry was found at the residence.
Reports from several media outlets have referenced alleged ransom communications connected to the case, though authorities have not publicly verified their authenticity. Law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, have said the investigation remains active and ongoing. Anyone with relevant information is encouraged to contact authorities as officials continue working to determine the circumstances surrounding Guthrie’s disappearance.