In the wake of new revelations from the Trump Administration, particularly Director of National Intelligence Tulsi Gabbard, regarding his alleged “treason” and “coup attempt” that occurred when the Obama Administration pushed the Russia Hoax forward to discredit and obstruct the Trump Administration, Obama freaked out in a rare public statement.
As background, DNI Gabbard released a slew of over 100 files exposing what happened with the Russia Hoax and intelligence investigation surrounding it in which she revealed that top officials in the Obama Administration pushed the investigation forward despite having been informed by an intelligence investigation into the election that “Russian and criminal actors did not impact recent US election results by conducting malicious cyber activities against election infrastructure.”
Describing the findings, Gabbard said, “The implications of this are frankly nothing short of historic. Over a hundred documents that we released on Friday really detail and provide evidence of how this treasonous conspiracy was directed by President Obama just weeks before he was due to leave office after President Trump had already gotten elected.”
She added, noting that the situation was severe enough to warrant being called a coup, “So the effect of what President Obama and his senior national security team did was subvert the will of the American people, undermining our democratic republic, and enacting what would be essentially a years-long coup against President Trump, who was duly elected by the American people.”
President Trump and others have made similar claims about what Obama was up to, leading to a rare and furious statement from the former president. Releasing the statement on Obama’s behalf, Obama spokesman Patrick Rodenbush said, “Out of respect for the office of the presidency, our office does not normally dignify the constant nonsense and misinformation flowing out of this White House with a response. But these claims are outrageous enough to merit one.”
Further, the statement claimed that the allegations are “bizarre” and don’t discount the claims of Russian involvement, though in reality the documents do show that the Russian involvement allegations were discredited before the anti-Trump investigation began. In any case, it said, “These bizarre allegations are ridiculous and a weak attempt at distraction. Nothing in the document issued last week undercuts the widely accepted conclusion that Russia worked to influence the 2016 presidential election but did not successfully manipulate any votes.”
Concluding, the statement claimed that the Senate could vindicate former President Obama and his leading intelligence state officials in this regard. He said, “These findings were affirmed in a 2020 report by the bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee, led by then-Chairman Marco Rubio.”
President Trump, for his part, claimed much the opposite in a post on Truth Social, saying, “Obama himself manufactured the Russia, Russia, Russia HOAX. Crooked Hillary, Sleepy Joe, and numerous others participated in this, THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY!. Irrefutable EVIDENCE. A major threat to our Country!!!”
President Trump also claimed that Obama was firmly responsible and had led the attack, saying, “So President Obama, it was his concept — his idea. But he also got it from crooked Hillary Clinton — crooked as a $3 bill, and Hillary Clinton and her group, the Democrats, spent $12 million to Christopher Steele to write up a report that was a total fake report.”
Watch Trump here: